I’m reflecting on things I used to be able to do this morning. As your child grows, things change. You never get this time back. Make the most of it! Here are ten things to do before they turn two
1. Baby cinema – sounded like a stupid idea at first, but actually, sitting in the dark munching maltesers and feeding your baby in a screech-tolerant environment is mega.
2. Watch what you want on telly during the day – because once they start being interested, you can’t really watch Game of Thrones whilst you give them their lunch
3. Play boardgames – you’ll be hiding them and their tiny pieces for a few years once you’ve got someone trying to eat them
4. Have other friends with babies for dinner and invite them to stay over – babies settle a lot easier than toddlers, believe me!
4. Eat wherever you want during the day, even beside an unfenced pool – babies don’t care. Toddlers definitely do
5. Start some exercise, if that’s your thing – much harder when they’re wanting to join in and there’s fewer nap times
6. Go on every walk you’ve ever wanted to do, at your own pace – the definition of a ‘walk’ changes later!
7. Get as drunk as you can allow yourself and be absolutely hanging the next day – then you’ll have a recent memory of why this is not a good idea when they settle into a regular wake up and entertain me routine of 6am
8. Get away with your mates – I can highly recommend this – we went to Palma
9. Swap your baby bag for a rucksack – you’re going to need all the hands you can lay your actual hands on – I talk about my love of mine here
10. Consider some of these other toddler parent essentials – a decent coat and a long top to cover your constantly bending down ass are my absolute musts
What would you recommend to someone now that yours have grown into toddlers?