I don’t mean physically, of course. Unless your first love was two feet tall, rocking a pair of dungarees and a damp nappy – in which case, sorry about that. I mean that this week, I’ve started to see a definite comparison between being the parent of a toddler and one half of a teenage love story. Either way, love hurts.
1. Some days, they just have to have at least one body part touching yours AT ALL TIMES. Or the pain they emote is intense.
2. You have ‘your song’ – your eyes lock when it plays and it means so much to both of you
3. It’s totally cool that they let you cut their hair, no matter how ridiculous the results. Plus you still think they look adorable
4. You see their meltdowns as bursts of passion that only you understand and you can solve
5. You share a plate, a hot chocolate, a twix, a cereal bowl – THEY WANT WHAT YOU WANT
6. Your single friends talk about your PDAs and how you are always leaving things early and how you’re always ‘different’ when they’re there. But you don’t care – THEY’RE JUST JEALOUS, right?!?
7. When they’re not there, you sniff their clothes, or your clothes where they were cuddling you, and miss them